Don't Judge

Blog post for Official Graphic Era University Blog

http://geu.ac.in/blog/dont-judge/

The Cricket World Cup is on and you would see cricket everywhere. The newspapers, the television everything is breathing cricket these days.
As usual my timeline on Facebook was cluttered with all the stuff that people shared, liked etc.  Just then there popped up a video of one of the cricketer speaking in absurd English amidst a press conference. Well, it was not the first time that I was watching that video but seeing it again somehow I felt a bit sad.
The foremost thing which made me feel a bit gloomy was that the cricketer was being judged for something which had nothing to do with the reason he was there for. If you would actually judge him for the reason why he is sitting there (Read: Cricket) then at that moment, he was a superstar.
But sadly after a great day at field he was looking so nervous, blurting out the words in a foreign language in front of thousands of people from which a majority could easily understand his mother tongue.
But because of some unimaginative reasons he had to speak in English. In fact even though he had won the match but he surely did not sound like a winner.
My point here is not about praising or degrading any language. In my view language is just a medium of communication and neither of them could be ranked. Rather it is about how beautiful the moment would have been had the player expressed himself in his mother tongue with all the spunk of the victory in his speech and the confidence of a champion.
The gist of the whole scenario is that Don’t Judge; you don’t know what lies beneath. As in this case, beneath the fumbling words was a innings of high confidence and talent. 
P.S: Being a person with Hindi as the mother tongue, I don’t understand the over use of other languages. Ideally, they should be used wherever we cannot work without them.
P.P.S; You all must be judging me on the irony right coz my blog is in English too, and why don’t I have it in Hindi? Pretty simple I know typing in English fonts and my laptop supports it… ;-)
Keep judging!! Oops… Keep Rocking
And yes you’ve got it right the player was Umar Akmal from Pakistan :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beautiful Mystery...

Ideologies !!!

Am i there?