Giving it Back !!

Blog Entry for the Graphic Era University Official Blog

http://geu.ac.in/blog/giving-it-back/

What’s the plan mate? My friend asked me after he had wished me a happy birthday. I wasn’t sure but a party was surely on my list. Even if I don’t do anything lavish still spending few grands over a birthday would be customary.
Few months later it was the birthday of one of my manager at my office. After I had wished him I too asked “What’s your plan for today?” what he replied made a sweet and everlasting impression on my mind. It was years since he had started to celebrate his day in a very unique way.
His family along with him visits any of the orphanages nearby on each of his birthday. He does all his celebrations at the orphanage itself, has the cake with the kids and shares a meal with them.
Like everyone he also knows that this would change anything in the life of those kids, but it will surely give the kids a thing which they often feel short of, a smile on their face. And making a kid smile is one of the noblest deeds.
Doing this also reaffirms the faith of the kids on humanity. Surely it would make the kids do similar stuff in their lifetime. In a way the act inspires a generation.
If we talk about the noble deeds we do for the less privileged, it is a way of giving it back to the Almighty for whatever he has blessed us with. We may not have been born in a lavish bungalow, not in a family with loads of money, but most of us are blessed with a family to stand by, 3 meals a day and all senses intact.
If you look back in your life and you have moments to rejoice and dreams to achieve in the future, then surely above the blue sky and the white clouds the Almighty is pleased with you. So if he is smiling at you he would surely want you to give something back to him as a return gift.
And doing something for the needy is surely one of the way of giving it back.
It’s not that if you don’t give back, the blessing may stop (Read: I am not trying to make people do something because of this fear). But if you do something then you surely act as a member of God’s team, the team which plays to make the people smile.
P.S: Even I am trying to emulate this stuff in my life. If I am able to do so then I am sure I would start respecting myself a bit more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am i there?

World Beyond Her...

Whatever you are