Whatever you are

From ages i have a strange habit of collecting things which i feel might make me smile and feel nostalgic when i see them in my journey of life ahead.

Here i am sitting in my room at my hometown, my eyes doesn't have a hint of sleep, i just pulled my bag from my almirah and went through things in that, i still have chocolate wrappers with dates on them , old greeting cards with me.

Somehow i like to write dates on anything i preserve.Reading old dates fascinates me.

Going through all this stuff, i had a small card in my hand it was something which my sister had given to me when we both were in school and that card had few beautiful lines written on it , here they go:
If you cannot be a pine on the top of the hill, Be a Shrub in the valley 
But be the best little shrub on the side of the hill.

If you cannot be a highway, Then just be a Trail

But lead somebody home.

If you cannot be the sun , Be a little star

But shine.

It is not by the Size that you win or fail,


Just be the best in what ever you are..

P.S:
 I still remember when my sister had given me that card , i had thought " What the hell is this ? "
But today i know what the hell was that, She wanted me to be a SOMEBODY, Somebody she can be proud of, and i bet i haven't let her down much. Don't emphasize on much much..

Comments

  1. haha....very well written by ur sis...
    even i have the same habit of collecting good old things....and my parents shake head saying, "what is this kachra kabaar?" just faltu stuff! but its all the memories.......the good old smiling memories! :)

    your post made me smile again and remember the stuff i've fitted into somewhere into some corner! i'll have to find it ! thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes very well written..Vaise these are one of the very few kind words which she ever spared on me...She might be in some ultra good generous mood that day :)

      That day when i wrote this post i was planning to throw out some of this kachra, but like any other time i spent an hour to read the things again and then kept them as is :) They truly are SOUVENIR of my past :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Beautiful Mystery...

Ideologies !!!

Am i there?