Am i there?

It is 8:20 PM IST on a friday , my phone just got discharged completely and i don't have any zoom meetings till the next 40 minutes.

So my anxiety made me think how to spend these 40 minutes, the only resort i found was my laptop and i turned into my blogger account, and i just realized i haven't posted anything since 5 years , yes 5 long Years. 

My last post was published on July 16,2015.

Out of nostalgia i read few of my posts which i didn't even recalled writing. Well there were some lines which i realized were not that bad but surely there were some cliches too.

Started typing out of curiosity to check if i still have that which takes to write.

Definitely the words are not coming that easily (an honest realization). 

So i will try and recall what all things have changed for me between my last post on July 2015 and today.

Here comes the darn list

  1. The sweetest change, I am a father now. I have a 3 and a half year old daughter (Read : Chatter box). Learning a lot of new things from her. During one of last weekend drive i honked at a car, and she cutely asked "Papa why did you honk?"I told her " Beta , because the car ahead of me is driving too slow , may be the driver talking on phone and I want it to move fast". What she told next was " But you could had waited , right?". An important lesson eh !!
  2. I change my job, have been working in a Fortune major. And get plenty of opportunities to do wonderful things. 
  3. Got my first car :) It is a Hyundai.
  4. Realized that i am a person that has a super anxiety factor. Now i can feel my heart beat rise whenever things don't turn as i thought they would. This is one of the things on which i am working immensely. May be going back to writing helps.
  5. Have made few international trips during these 5 years and surely helped me a know lot about different cultures (Read : Mostly American). Of all the food in the world - Dal Chawal is the best.
  6. Netflix took the place of books in my life, An honest confession - Books were the best. After blogging , reading is the next thing i want to turn back onto.
  7. Started listening to a lot less music, Rhymes and all for my daughter took that space
Just looking at all of these things, Wanted to introspect , Hey - Am I there?
Am i doing enough for myself ? Doing things that i loved, things which gave me those little joys.

So my next very very short term goal is to come up with a list of things that made me happy , things that held some meaning for me. And trying to get back onto those things.

Watch out for the next post. Meanwhile try and create a list of yours and share in comments (Sounds like a cliche , right?)

P.S : It is 8:50 PM now, typing in a bit faster . Almost time for my next zoom meeting. 

P.P.S : My blogs title is A chaotic Mind, Does it not kind of resonate to today's world, A chaotic World.

Just praying that all of this gets better soon.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

World Beyond Her...

Whatever you are