DONATE BLOOD…BE A PART OF THE NOBLE DEED!

Another blog entry for the Graphic Era University Official Blog

http://geu.ac.in/blog/donate-blood-be-a-part-of-the-noble-deed/

Holiday season is always such a bliss and being in office after that is always so painful. Well, the diwali vacations are over, all the celebrations are now some sweet memories from the past which have been well captured in our hearts and digi-cams.
For the sake of sanity, routine life had to be back in action and it was, but with a bang! Like always, today morning I was travelling to my office in the office cab when suddenly something woke me up and helped my morning to not be a somber one.
It was an advertisement regarding blood donation being aired in one of the FM channel.
In the advertisement, a little girl thanks some random guy for donating blood to her. The guy emphasizes that he is not the one who has donated blood to her. Hearing this, the girl comes up with a beautiful statement, she says that she is suffering from Thalassemia and is regularly in need of blood but she doesn’t even know who does the blood donation for her because she gets it from the blood bank. So she often stops by and says thank you to random people for the donations.
The advertisement ends with the guy feeling sorry for not being the one worth the praise since he had never donated blood to anyone.
This advertisement holds a special place in my life, because few years back I was this guy. I had not donated blood, not because I had any wrong beliefs regarding blood donation but because none of my acquaintance had ever been in need of it and donating it to blood bank was not in my books.
It was the summer of one such year when I first saw this advertisement on television and like the guy in it, I too felt sorry and guilty for not being a part of one of the noblest deeds humans can do. All you have to do is to just lie down, you will be taken good care of with a pack of juice in your hand and in minutes you could give something to the world that would probably save a life somewhere.
I still clearly remember the air which I had in my feet when I walked out of the hall after I had donated blood. It was one of the proudest moments of my life. I was a part of the deed that really can make a change.
Summarizing this I would just say “Donate Blood, it really makes a difference and it surely makes someone smile somewhere in a distant place of this world”.
Apart from all this there are few important things which you must keep in mind before you plan to go for blood donation, you can always browse the web or visit the link — http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/eligibility-requirements

P.S: For all those who hate needles, it just feels just like a pinch and the pain is far less than when you get a tattoo.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Beautiful Mystery...

Ideologies !!!

Am i there?